At Hounslow Heath Junior School behaviour is a strength of the school, and is not only identified as such by the school community, but also by visitors, including school partners and Ofsted. The high expectations are displayed throughout the school site as our Golden Rules (shown above). We expect all members of our school community to support us in ensuring a positive and consistent whole-school approach to behaviour. The safety and happiness of all pupils and all members of our school community, is supported by effective teaching and developing of skills, attitudes and achievements, so that the children can make good choices and manage their own behaviour.
These comments are directly from our most recent Ofsted Inspection Report:
Behaviour and Safety - Judged as 'Good'
- Pupils feel safe and behave well in lessons and around the school.
- Pupils' attitudes to their learning are positive. They take pride in their work and ensure that it is neat and tidy.
- Pupils regard the school as a community where everyone matters. Those pupils in the centre for physical disabilities are fully included in all activities and well supported by their peers, who show them sensitivity and respect.
- Attendance is above the national average.
- Discrimination in any form is not tolerated in the school, and all pupils have equal access to the full range of different learning experiences offered.
- The headteacher has worked hard to ensure that the staff team works well together and create a supportive environment for pupils. Senior leaders are focused on ensuring that the achievement improves and have clear plans to ensure sustained progress. Progress is already improving across the school and, as a result, there is capacity for further improvement.