Please find our most recent Ofsted reports below, and relevant information from the Department for Education Performance Tables.
These comments are directly from our most recent Ofsted Inspection Report:
- The school ethos of 'enjoy, learn and achieve' is clearly embedded in everything the school does.
Outcomes for Pupils - Judged as 'Outstanding'
- Assessment information from the 2016 tests at the end of key stage 2 is well above national averages in reading writing and mathematics.
- School leaders are very accurate in their self-evaluation. Comprehensive monitoring of pupils' progress is highly effective in detecting any underachievement.
- Excellent use of pupil premium grant has resulted in the disadvantaged pupils making at least the same progress as their peers in reading writing and mathematics.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment - Judged as 'Outstanding'
- Teaching is outstanding. All staff share the determination that no child will fail. As a result, planning is highly effective, lessons challenge all ability groups and learning time is maximised.
- Provision for pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities is outstanding. The centre for pupils with physical disability is a place where these pupils thrive. Staff are determined that the pupils are fully included in school activities.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare - Judged as 'Outstanding'
- Pupils' behaviour is exemplary. In lessons they listen attentively and engage in activities with relish to learn.
- There is a very strong focus on safeguarding pupils across the school.
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management - Judged as 'Outstanding'
- Following the previous inspection, the headteacher, senior leaders and governors implemented an ambitious and rigorous improvement programme. This has been highly successful in raising pupils' achievement.
- Leaders at every level demonstrate an ambition to succeed and to improve outcomes for pupils.
- The school is in the process of expanding from four forms of entry to seven. This has not distracted the leaders from their core work in improving standards.